Cornerstone Church is where you connect with Christ and with each other!
By holding up the values of prayer, the Bible, fellowship, discipleship, evangelism and ministry, we guide every person who comes through our doors and prepare them to leave with a greater sense of purpose and passion – as well as a closer walk with Jesus.
At Cornerstone, you will love the challenge, experience the authenticity, and enjoy the fun and the feel of an authentic Christian family.
What We Believe
First and Foremost, for the Worship of God and Jesus Christ
The name “Cornerstone Church” was chosen as it represents the ‘bedrock’ of our belief and the foundation of Jesus Christ. Everything we do is based on our commitment to the essentials of our faith and is in alignment with the Southern Baptist Convention’s Baptist Faith & Message, 2000 available here
Independent and Autonomous
Every SBC church is independent and autonomous, so it is also helpful to know that at Cornerstone we believe the church exists first and foremost for the worship of God and Jesus Christ and manifests this worship through six key components:
Dr. Anthony Pranno
After serving with the Cru athletic ministry, Athletes in Action, for five years at the University of California and Duke University, Anthony studied theology, church history and leadership, graduating with his M.A. from Denver Seminary in May 2001. Ten years later, he received his doctorate in Biblical Preaching from Newburgh Theological Seminary.
Anthony and Katheryn have been married 20 years and have three teenagers. Anthony is a Colorado native and his interests include fishing and golfing, but his favorite pastime is rooting for Colorado sports teams. In addition to his standard pastoral duties, Anthony enjoys premarital counseling and conducting weddings. He also volunteers as the chaplain for the Commerce City Police Department.
Office & Finance Manager
Children’s Ministry Director
Cornerstone originated in Lone Tree in 1984 when it began serving its community as a church plant of a sister church in Denver. Self-sustaining by 1990, Cornerstone purchased approximately eight acres of land on Lincoln and Lone Tree Parkway and built a 20,000 square foot two-level building.
In August of 2008, Cornerstone merged with University Hills Baptist Church (UHBC) with the purpose of uniting our collective gifts, talents, abilities and experience. UHBC was established in 1953 and has left a rich history and legacy to Cornerstone via its families and resources.
2018New Senior Pastor
In 2018, Cornerstone hired Dr. Anthony Pranno as the new senior pastor. He brought with him the congregation of Rocky Mountain Community Church. RMCC was established in 2007 and we are thrilled to partner with them.
Join Our Team
A full-time position, the Worship Pastor is primarily responsible for leading Cornerstone Church in engaging and authentic expressions of worship of God utilizing various stylistic approaches that appeal to cross-generations. Serving on the Pastoral Team, the Worship Pastor reports to the Senior Pastor and encourages, equips, and empowers Cornerstone attendees to help fulfill the Great Commission in the context of growing relationships with Christ and others.
• Model a Growing and Vibrant Relationship with Christ
• Pursue full devotion to Christ and the life we are inviting others to live
• Manifest the fruit of the Spirit in work habits and relationships
• Cultivate a growing relationship with Christ through personal prayer and Scripture reading
Demonstrate Commitment to Cornerstone Church
• Pursue church membership and live out the strategic vision of Cornerstone Church
• Alignment with the mission and beliefs of Cornerstone Church and the Doctrinal Statement of the Baptist Faith and Message (adopted in 2000 at SBC Convention).
• Serve at church-wide “all hands-on-deck” events (Examples: Christmas and Easter services)
Develop and Lead Authentic and Engaging Worship Ministry
• Collaborate with Senior Pastor in creating, coordinating and overseeing weekly worship services that connect with multi-generations
• Recruit, train, lead and empower teams of vocalists, instrumentalists and support technicians
• Provide direction for overall music ministry of Cornerstone Church
• Utilize a variety of mediums, approaches and experiences in worship design
Provide Pastoral Leadership
• Equip and encourage others towards a greater degree of Christ-likeness through daily interactions and ministry opportunities • Provide Biblical guidance to others as needed • Support the development of missional skills and abilities in others
• Licensed, ordained or meets requirements of ordination
• Bachelor’s degree in a music-related field of study; MDiv or MA in Worship Ministries preferred
• Meets Biblical qualifications for pastoral eldership as detailed in Titus 1:5-9; 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and 1 Peter 5:1-4
• Through education and experience, possesses the leadership, musicality and administrative skills necessary to fulfill Worship Pastor responsibilities
Please send resume to [email protected]