Pick up your box at the Ministry Hub and return to the church by November 24. Click here with tips on what to include in your shoebox.
Please contact Ed Garrigan, Missions Committee, with any questions.
Our annual Operation Christmas Child program needs several hundred boxes containing small gifts for a little boy or girl to be distributed by Samaritan’s Purse. Use the following guide to turn the project into a teachable moment with your children.
1. PICK UP: Get shoebox from the Ministry Hub
2. READ: Load the kids in the car for a shopping spree. Before starting the engine ask the youngest child that can do so to read Matthew 25:35–40. Explain that when we meet the needs of the poor we actually give a gift to Jesus!
3. SHOP: Head to the local discount store to shop for the items on this list provided by Operation Christmas Child.
4. PRAY: After assembling the items in a box hold hands and pray together for whatever child will receive each of your boxes. Ask God to use this simple box to help someone better understand the love of Jesus or use the sample prayer provided in the envelope.
5. CELEBRATE: Take the child to the designated drop off location and give him/her a “high five” when the deed is done and then celebrate by enjoying ice cream, frozen yogurt or some other favorite dessert together.